© Reuters. Analysts dive in on Hasbro-Mattel potential
- BMO Capital says a takeover by Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS) of Mattel (NASDAQ:MAT) would make a “great deal” of sense and be “highly accretive” for the company over the long haul.
- The investment firm even thinks deal for Mattel in the mid-$40s would create massive synergies.
- Jefferies observes that the deal could add to Hasbro’s bottom line in the dolls category after Barbie and Disney Princesses combine forces.
- SunTrust thinks the deal could pass regulatory and financing hurdles.
- MAT +21.89% premarket to $17.83. HAS +3.28% to $94.45.
- Sources: CNBC and Bloomberg
- Now read: We Weren’t Playing Around With Mattel (Or Mosaic)